Bisons' Coca-Cola Field Named 'Coolest Minor League Ballpark in America' | Sports & Recreation
Complex Magazine named Coca-Cola Field, the home of the Buffalo Bisons, as the “Coolest Minor League Ballpark in America” in an online article ranking the top minor league facilities.
In a piece written by Jack Erwin, Complex Magazine credits Coca-Cola Field as having “the distinction of being the precursor to today's wave of retro-modern ballparks.” He calls the Bisons’ home; ”the coolest minor league park in the land (and cooler than a lot of major league parks, we gotta say).”
First opened in 1988, Coca-Cola Field is home to the top six attendance marks in the history of minor league baseball. Since its opening, Bisons owners Bob and Mindy Rich have re-invested more than $22 million into the ballpark to maintain its standings as a marquee facility in the country. This past off-season, more than $4 million in capital improvements from the Rich family included a brand-new field drainage system and the largest HD scoreboard in all of minor league baseball.
Complex Magazine proclaims itself as the premier online destination for the most influential male consumers driven by style, sports, music, games, gear and girls. The Complex Media Network reaches these style-makers and trend-spreaders through its uniquely credible and authentic viewpoint into all things Complex.
Top South Buffalo Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Senator Grisanti's Bill Designates Pedestrian Bridge 'Scajaquada 9/11 Memorial Bridge'
- Dog Seriously Burned in House Fire Needs Your Help
- Senator Grisanti’s Bill to Increase Number of Green Homes Built In NYS Passes Senate
- Roger Woodworth Nominated by Senator Grisanti for Veterans Hall of Fame in New York State Senate
- Erie Co. Democratic Chairman Calls Out Sheriff on NY Safe Act