Friends, Family Remember Young Girl After Near Drowning Death | News
BUFFALO, NY - Friends and family mourned the loss of a young girl who died after nearly drowning in Cazenovia Creek on Monday.
Crews were called to Cazenovia Street and North Legion after 13-year-old Alina Rodriguez was swept under the waters of Cazenovia Creek around 4:30 in the afternoon.
Police say she was in the waters attempting to save a younger sibling who was having trouble swimming.
Rodriguez was taken to Women and Children's Hospital where she died the next day.
A funeral service was held Friday, with a candlelight vigil later in the evening.
Upcoming Events near South Buffalo
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Lucky Player from Eden, N.Y. Wins $844,437 on Penny Machine at Seneca Buffalo Creek Casino
- Catholic Charities of Buffalo Appoints Two Directors
- Shark Girl Sculpture Unveiled at Canalside
- Explore Buffalo Lists September Events; Special Tours will Focus on Art
- Tomorrow’s Youth Today Receives $610,000 Grant from Buffalo, Erie County Workforce Investment Board