Friends, Family Remember Young Girl After Near Drowning Death | News
BUFFALO, NY - Friends and family mourned the loss of a young girl who died after nearly drowning in Cazenovia Creek on Monday.
Crews were called to Cazenovia Street and North Legion after 13-year-old Alina Rodriguez was swept under the waters of Cazenovia Creek around 4:30 in the afternoon.
Police say she was in the waters attempting to save a younger sibling who was having trouble swimming.
Rodriguez was taken to Women and Children's Hospital where she died the next day.
A funeral service was held Friday, with a candlelight vigil later in the evening.
Top South Buffalo Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Buffalo Transportation Pierce Arrow Museum -Special Hours for Memorial Day Weekend
- Catholic Charities to Host Domestic Violence Training Focusing on New York Model for Batterers
- Bespoke Men’s Line to Launch in Buffalo
- Senator Grisanti's Bill Designates Pedestrian Bridge 'Scajaquada 9/11 Memorial Bridge'
- Dog Seriously Burned in House Fire Needs Your Help