Ohio Street Redesign Includes Green Space And Trails | News
BUFFALO, NY - Change is in the air for Ohio street in Buffalo's First Ward neighborhood.
The change will affect the section of the street from Michigan Avenue, all the way to Route 5 along the Outer Harbor.
A public meeting was held Wednesday night to let residents hear about and offer ideas for the upcoming reconstruction.
The mile and a half stretch of roadway is being redesigned over the next six months and bids will go out this Summer. Some of the changes include a narrowing of the current two lane roadway to add green space, new lighting, and a trail for biking and walking.
The project manager says this is a critical next step.
The final meeting in July will have the work schedule for construction. The project is on track to be done by early 2015.
Upcoming Events near South Buffalo
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- No Frills Buffalo Publishing Company Releases Three New Books
- Elmwood-Bidwell Farmers Market Announces Annual Poster Competition
- Stuyvesant Apartment Residents Call For More Security
- Buffalo Police Make Arrest in Murder of 68-Year-Old Man
- Tire Rodeo Competition is Serious Business for High School Students