Downed Power Lines Close Hopkins and Tifft to Traffic | News
BUFFALO, NY - Buffalo Police have shut down the intersection of Hopkins and Tifft streets at this hour after a tractor-trailer knocked down power lines.
The accident happened just before 10:30 a.m. Tuesday.
Officials say the lines are lying across the intersection and crews are working to repair and replace them.
Police are asking people to avoid the area while crews are repairing the lines. They expect the intersection to be re-opened later this afternoon.
Upcoming Events near South Buffalo
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- No Frills Buffalo Publishing Company Releases Three New Books
- Elmwood-Bidwell Farmers Market Announces Annual Poster Competition
- Stuyvesant Apartment Residents Call For More Security
- Buffalo Police Make Arrest in Murder of 68-Year-Old Man
- Tire Rodeo Competition is Serious Business for High School Students