Downed Power Lines Close Hopkins and Tifft to Traffic | News
BUFFALO, NY - Buffalo Police have shut down the intersection of Hopkins and Tifft streets at this hour after a tractor-trailer knocked down power lines.
The accident happened just before 10:30 a.m. Tuesday.
Officials say the lines are lying across the intersection and crews are working to repair and replace them.
Police are asking people to avoid the area while crews are repairing the lines. They expect the intersection to be re-opened later this afternoon.
Upcoming Events near South Buffalo
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Shark Girl Sculpture Unveiled at Canalside
- Tomorrow’s Youth Today Receives $610,000 Grant from Buffalo, Erie County Workforce Investment Board
- New DNC headquarters going up at breakneck speed
- Seneca Buffalo Creek Casino and Duff’s to Debut at National Buffalo Wing Festival
- BUFFALO RIVER FEST PARK HOSTS “HALFWAY TO ST. PATRICK’S DAY PARTY” ON SEPTEMBER 5TH