Why Are Leaves Being Picked Up Late at Night in Buffalo? | News
BUFFALO, N.Y. - Some people in the city say they are losing sleep because of a late night leaf pickup.
We had several people contact us on Facebook asking why crews were picking up leaves after midnight.
Public Works Commissioner Steve Stepniak says crews on the third shift are taking advantage of the nice weather.
Normally, they would be plowing snow in the middle of the night, but instead they are working to clear the streets of leaves.
Stepniak urges people not rake leaves into the street because they are a hazard to drivers.
Upcoming Events near South Buffalo
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Shark Girl Sculpture Unveiled at Canalside
- Tomorrow’s Youth Today Receives $610,000 Grant from Buffalo, Erie County Workforce Investment Board
- New DNC headquarters going up at breakneck speed
- Seneca Buffalo Creek Casino and Duff’s to Debut at National Buffalo Wing Festival
- BUFFALO RIVER FEST PARK HOSTS “HALFWAY TO ST. PATRICK’S DAY PARTY” ON SEPTEMBER 5TH