Unofficial Vote Count: Kennedy Defeats Grant | News
BUFFALO, N.Y. -- The unofficial vote count from the Erie County Board of Elections has incumbent State Senator Tim Kennedy defeating challenger Betty Jean Grant by 186 votes in the Democratic primary for the 63rd State Senate District.
The unofficial vote count is as follows:
Over the past few days, workers at the Board of Elections counted paper ballots because the race was so close. Results must still be certified by a judge.
Upcoming Events near South Buffalo
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- No Frills Buffalo Publishing Company Releases Three New Books
- Elmwood-Bidwell Farmers Market Announces Annual Poster Competition
- Stuyvesant Apartment Residents Call For More Security
- Buffalo Police Make Arrest in Murder of 68-Year-Old Man
- Tire Rodeo Competition is Serious Business for High School Students