Unofficial Vote Count: Kennedy Defeats Grant | News
BUFFALO, N.Y. -- The unofficial vote count from the Erie County Board of Elections has incumbent State Senator Tim Kennedy defeating challenger Betty Jean Grant by 186 votes in the Democratic primary for the 63rd State Senate District.
The unofficial vote count is as follows:
Over the past few days, workers at the Board of Elections counted paper ballots because the race was so close. Results must still be certified by a judge.
Upcoming Events near South Buffalo
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Shark Girl Sculpture Unveiled at Canalside
- Tomorrow’s Youth Today Receives $610,000 Grant from Buffalo, Erie County Workforce Investment Board
- New DNC headquarters going up at breakneck speed
- Seneca Buffalo Creek Casino and Duff’s to Debut at National Buffalo Wing Festival
- BUFFALO RIVER FEST PARK HOSTS “HALFWAY TO ST. PATRICK’S DAY PARTY” ON SEPTEMBER 5TH