Pantry, Outreach Center Named for Bishop Kmiec | News
BUFFALO, NY - An update on this year's WNY Catholic Charities drive Tuesday culminated in a surprise for Buffalo Bishop Edward Kmiec.
Following the latest progress report, officials announced the re-naming of the former South Buffalo Food Pantry and Outreach in honor of the bishop.
"This honor expresses something very deep in my heart," said Bishop Kmiec. "The care of the people in our diocese who are in great need."
Parishes across WNY are taking part in Appeal Week activities through April 1st. This year's goal is $10.6 million. Seventy-percent, or $7,414,294.66 has been raised so far. Volunteers will be working to achieve the final goal through June 30th.
Upcoming Events near South Buffalo
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- No Frills Buffalo Publishing Company Releases Three New Books
- Elmwood-Bidwell Farmers Market Announces Annual Poster Competition
- Stuyvesant Apartment Residents Call For More Security
- Buffalo Police Make Arrest in Murder of 68-Year-Old Man
- Tire Rodeo Competition is Serious Business for High School Students