Buffalo Jr. Sabres to Hold Teddy Bear Toss December 19th | Community Spirit
The Buffalo Junior Sabres will host a “Teddy Bear Toss” during its home game against the Brampton Capitals on Monday, December 19 at the Northtown Center at Amherst, 1615 Amherst Manor Drive (between Maple and Millersport). The game begins at 7:30pm.
Fans are asked to bring a new, unwrapped teddy bear to the game. When the Jr. Sabres score their first goal, fans are invited to celebrate by tossing the teddy bears on the ice. Bears thrown to the ice will be collected for distribution to local needy families by the Buffalo Sabres Alumni Association.
Every year, the Buffalo Sabres Alumni collect and distribute items such as food and toys to the less fortunate. Operated by the Alumni, the Jr. Sabres are eager to help bring some holiday cheer to local families in need and ask local hockey fans to consider taking part in this generous gesture.
For more information on the Junior Sabres, visit www.buffalojuniorsabres.com.
Top South Buffalo Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Senator Grisanti's Bill Designates Pedestrian Bridge 'Scajaquada 9/11 Memorial Bridge'
- Dog Seriously Burned in House Fire Needs Your Help
- Senator Grisanti’s Bill to Increase Number of Green Homes Built In NYS Passes Senate
- Roger Woodworth Nominated by Senator Grisanti for Veterans Hall of Fame in New York State Senate
- Erie Co. Democratic Chairman Calls Out Sheriff on NY Safe Act