Trend Finder: Crochet | Arts & Culture
Crochet is a french word "crochet" meaning hook. It's creating from yarn,thread or other strand materials using a hook. It's far from knitting despite the similarities of looping it involves wrapping the material around the hook several times and only one hook, one stitch is active at one given time. Crochet is said to have evolved from Arabia, South America and China and made its way to Europe sometime in the 19th century. Today designers are putting a modern twist to crochet knit making it this S/S 2012 hottest trend.
Here are some tips to adding Crochet trend to your wardrobeView slideshow: Crochet trend 2012
- Accessories are a great place to start with this trend bags, belts, hats, jewelry and shoes.
- Go for the bikini. Crochet bikinis are hot although they may not be functional for swimming they look good pool side. Wear them alone or with jean shorts or under a caftan or sheer maxi dress.
- Crochet Dresses are modern and sexy pair them with some heels just be sure to wear nude undergarments. Earthy, tribal prints, fringe accents can make great choices.
- Crochet top or vest take on the 70's but keep it up to date with the right sailor pants and floppy hat.
- Crochet sweater are great rock it with a camisole underneath with some shorts, jeans or skirt.
- Crochet Shorts great for poolside, beach parties and picnics.
For more tips on accessories trends join us on our facebook page "Accessory Addict"
Top South Buffalo Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Buffalo Transportation Pierce Arrow Museum -Special Hours for Memorial Day Weekend
- Catholic Charities to Host Domestic Violence Training Focusing on New York Model for Batterers
- Bespoke Men’s Line to Launch in Buffalo
- Senator Grisanti's Bill Designates Pedestrian Bridge 'Scajaquada 9/11 Memorial Bridge'
- Dog Seriously Burned in House Fire Needs Your Help